常见问题解答

What is hydropower? Is there a lot of it in the U.S? Are hydropower facilities only federally owned? These are just a few of the questions we often get asked at betway必威平台. 下面你将找到这些问题的答案,以及更多常见问题的答案.

There are a number of different hydropower technologies, but at a fundamental level, all of them produce electricity using the force of moving water, 无论是海浪, 潮汐, river flows or impounded reservoirs. In conduit projects, 例如, 小型涡轮机——产生电力的设备——被安置在现有的基础设施中,比如灌溉渠. The water flows through the turbines, 转动的叶片连接到轴上,轴使发电机旋转,产生的能量然后通过输电线路发送到家庭和企业.

The term “hydropower” covers a wide variety of technologies, ranging from large to small 和 old to new. Most commonly associated with the term are dams, 在发电设施后面储存水,并通过许多不同类型的涡轮机之一利用其电力. 这种类型的常规水电项目代表了美国绝大多数的水电项目.S. hydropower generation. 近年来,大量新技术进入市场或取得重大进展, including ocean wave, tidal 和 hydrokinetic power (tapping the power of flowing water, much like wind power does with moving air). 想了解更多必威国际betway官网水电技术的信息,请点击这里.

虽然这些技术目前处于不同的研发阶段, with some early stage commercial deployment, industry estimates have pegged U.S. wave potential at 90 GW. 仅在佛罗里达, an estimated 4 to 10 GW of potential is thought possible, according to a University of Florida study. 其他最近的报告指出,这些新技术的潜力在美国占10%.S. 电力需求.

美国.S. 水电行业致力于未来各方面可持续发展. 在未来,水电行业将专注于使必威国际betway官网现有基础设施的效益最大化的项目, 如 在现有设施上增加新的、更高效的发电设备和 adding electricity generating capacity to dams that have none today. Other areas of growth include closed-loop pumped storage systems, 允许更多的可再生能源被添加到电网中, 和 new technologies like hydrokinetic, 潮汐能和波浪能有潜力为美国开辟大量可再生能源.S.

为水电设施提供动力的“燃料”是清洁、可再生、零排放的水. 使用水电可以避免美国2.25亿吨的碳污染.S. 每年——相当于生产约4200万辆乘用车. 想了解更多必威国际betway官网水电如何成为美国最大的可持续能源的信息,请点击这里.

betway必威平台早就认识到,水力发电行业的未来与为子孙后代维护生态系统和鱼类物种紧密相连. 因为在过去的几十年里,水电行业在保护鱼类方面投入了大量资金, it has proved that hydropower 和 healthy rivers are compatible. 在这个过程中, betway必威平台一直努力与致力于保护水生物种的非政府组织建立重要的关系. 通过遵守濒危物种法律和自愿安装设备, 必威国际betway官网的水电基础设施发展得更加可持续. 了解更多必威国际betway官网这一承诺和正在全国各地部署的缓解方法的信息, 点击这里.

美国.S. 根据政策变化,到2025年,水电行业将新增6万兆瓦的装机容量. 在美国尚未开发的水电资源中,只有15%是潜在的.S.这意味着水力发电在未来几十年仍将是一种日益增长的能源.

betway必威平台支持那些有助于降低开发我国水力资源巨大潜力的障碍的政策. betway必威平台支持使开发的监管审批过程更有效率,; recognizing hydropower’s value in our energy policy; tax incentives that encourage private sector investment 和 development in hydropower; 和 R&D support for new advancements in technology 和 操作. 想了解更多必威国际betway官网水电行业的关键问题,请点击这里.

美国.S. 有101,000兆瓦的常规水电和抽水蓄能,截至2014年, 根据 Business Council for Sustainable Energy. With 1 MW enough to power 750-1,根据美国电力供应协会的数据,平均有000个美国家庭, 这足以为7500万至1.01亿家庭提供电力.

The hydropower industry currently accounts for approximately 200,000-300,000 jobs according to a study by Navigant Consulting Inc.i根据同样的研究,在正确的政策下,行业可以增加1.到2025年,新增400万个直接、间接和诱导的全职等效工作岗位.

According to the Department of Energy’s statistical body, the Energy Information Administration, hydropower accounted for 7% of U.S. 2013年发电量占可再生能源发电量的52%.

According to a recent analysis by Navigant Consulting, Inc. 它比较了几种电力来源的平均成本, hydropower was the most affordable at $.02/kWh (kilowatt hour). 水力发电的平均成本——包括发电系统的终生成本,如初始投资, 操作, 根据这项研究,燃料的维护和成本甚至超过了燃煤发电厂. To learn more about hydropower’s affordability, 点击这里.

Our hydropower resources power homes 和 businesses in all 50 U.S. 州. 一些州, especially in the Pacific Northwest, generate the majority of their power from hydropower resources.  检查 水电 Industry Snapshot to see where existing hydropower, 潜在的网站, 和 supply chain companies are located from coast-to-coast. 点击这里 for a list of the top 10 hydropower generating 州. To learn about our most available renewable resource, 点击这里.

52% of hydropower generation is owned by the Bureau of Reclamation, Army Corps of Engineers 和 other federal entities, 它不仅用于发电,也用于供水等其他好处, flood control 和 navigation. 另外48%由私人、公共事业、市政当局和其他机构拥有. Many of these owners comprise the diverse membership of betway必威平台. 值得注意的是,无论是在公共系统还是私有系统上扩大发电规模,都将从涡轮机制造商那里获得一个长而广泛的供应链, trucking 和 construction companies, to engineering firms 和 other service providers.

Today the federal government, through the Bureau of Reclamation 和 Army Corps of Engineers, 运营着133座水电站,占全国水电设施的8%.  The other 92% of U.S. hydroelectric facilities are operated by the private sector, 公用事业, 和 state or local governments.  According to the Federal Energy Regulatory Commission (FERC), which regulates non-federal projects, these entities operate 1,623 hydropower facilities in every region of the U.S.  In addition to providing electricity to all 50 州, these facilities also come in all shapes 和 sizes, 大多数都比必威国际betway官网通常认为是水力发电的大型联邦大坝要小得多.  FERC记录显示,大约89%的非联邦设施的容量小于30兆瓦.